beforeLogin method - Authentication and Authorization

Dear All,

I am still struggling with adding additional info to CWebUser . Antonio Ramirez Helped me and gave a nice solution here and I am posting that code below .

Here are my questions , Could some one please spare some time and clarify ?

1. beforeLogin method is getting called for every request to the server . Login to the website and refresh you webpage you see the beforeLogin method gets called or send any request to the server and you notice beforeLogin method gets called . Is it supposed to be like that ? Because after login the session is established why beforeLogin method is getting called for each request

2. In the below code _dbUser is false for every call. My assumption was _dbUser gets stored in the session and only for the first request it is False and for the subsequent requests it gets the value from Session . Could some one please clarify ?

3. What is $states parameter in beforeLogin ( The second passing parameter) . I always see empty , Can You know what needs to be populated in this and where ?

Thanks All for your help

Regards

Yii Fan

/**

* Custom Webuser class

*/

class WebUser extends CWebUser

{

private $_dbUser = false;

/**

* @return User the user record associated with the currently logged in user. 

* Null if there is no such user record (user not logged).

*/

public function getDbUser()

{

if($this->_dbUser === false)

$this->_dbUser = $this->isGuest ? null : User::model()->findByPk($this->id);

return $this->_dbUser;

}

protected function beforeLogin($id,$states,$fromCookie)

{

if($fromCookie)

{

$user = User::model()->findByPk($id);

if($user && isset($states['vkey']) && $user->validation_key === $states['vkey'])

{

$this->_dbUser = $user;

return true;

}

else

return false;

}

return true;

}

protected function afterLogin($fromCookie)

{

if(($user = $this->getDbUser()) !== null)

{

/* should we set login attributes? -- remove them if you dont have these fields as this is an example */

$user->saveAttributes(array(

'login_time' => time(),

'login_ip' => Yii::app->request->userHostAddress

));

}

}

}