Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:02 AM
Please try it and post your comments, doubts and but reports here. Collaborations are welcomed.
Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:51 PM
I have made a few changes to EWebFeed (Zip file attached).
- Fixed a bug with entry->summary in the Atom feed (in Atom_1_0::generateXML)
- Implemented the RSS Advisory Board Namespace Elements http://www.rssboard....espace-elements.
- Implemented RSS 2.0.11 (this was only a documentation change so is only sets the docs attribute - not exactly the most difficult code ever
- Feeds now return objects when things are added to them (e.g. an item to an RSS feed); this allows the application to work on the object directly rather than via an array in the feed itself.
So the example in the documentation:
$feed->addItem('item 1', 'http://www.microsoft.com/', 'Mocosoft'); $feed->items->pubDate = time()-86400;
$item = $feed->addItem('item 1', 'http://www.microsoft.com/', 'Mocosoft'); $item->pubDate = time()-86400;
- I changed the way the feed is instantiated. Rather than passing EWebFeed an IFeedGenerator object, e.g.
$feed = new EWebFeed(new RSS_2_0("Hello", "Hello world", "http://www.kernel.org/"));
I get EWebFeed to instantiate the generator object based on the type asked for and pass it a parameter array, e.g.
$feed = new EWebFeed('RSS_2_0_11', array( 'title' => 'EWebFeed', 'description' => 'A web feed', 'link' => 'http://example.com', ));
This also has the benefit of allowing EWebFeed to only load the generators it needs for the given feed, rather than as currently loading everything.
I hope the above is of interest and help.
Number of downloads: 19
Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:41 AM
* Vanilla install of Yii (1.0.11)
* The RSS 2.0 example as per the documentation of this extension
It throws various exceptions concerning used constants, and even after fixing the use of the class constants, some errors concerning missing indices of $part(s).
I'd rather recommend using the Feed Component of the Zend framework for your RSS and Atom feed needs.
I'll post a tutorial on this topic in the cookbook soon(ish).
Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:27 PM
Is there some SVN version?
Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:55 AM
sorry to say that, but the others are right.
Basically I think the extension looks very well, much better than Zend_Feed, but I needed about 2-3 hours to get it working.
If you're still developing this extension (I hope so), please check the attachment. You may diff it with your current version.
I made a few hotfixes, just to get it running ... RSS 2.0 only, btw: my dev-machine runs on E_STRICT.
Number of downloads: 15