Rad IDE software for Yii

Recently I came across an application called AppFlower which is a web based tool that allows a developer to drag and drop components to build websites quickly

it uses symfony and extjs (sencha) frameworks underneath.

was wondering if there is something similar tool for Yii I have looked at ext4yii but that still requires

use of a templating system rather than pure drag and drop, drag and drop is important since I am

planning to get someone non technical (wife :D ) to help me with some of my projects.

No offence, but i would suggest using WordPress instead if your wife (with no technical background) is going to develop projects with you.

They couldn’t be that complex (programatically) if you want a drag and drop RAD tool.

Even visual studio requires backend coding for actions when dragging items to create a VB application.

Thats my own opinion, but I’m sure others would suggest the same.

Thanks for the reply,

wordpress is a content publishing platform it does not generate web based applications

like the appflower tool, which creates web based applications without ANY coding see link below.

http://www.appflower.com/cms/technicalautomatic

The only thing is appflower uses symfony and propel as the backend engine, I have spent a lot of time

coding with Yii (since v1.1) and prefer to stick with the yii framework if I can, that’s

why I am asking if there is a similar tool which supports the yii framework.

BTW No offence taken, wife has lot of experience in MSACCESS in the past so I know she

can do drag’n drop really well, she just can’t code… :D