Problems implementing your yii-user extension with blog demo.

Hello everyone.

I’m about to install the yii-user extension as a part of my website, but run into problems. If I import the module, the application gives me the following error message:

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails.

Have you experiences the same problem yourself, and/or do you know what I can do to solve it?

Best

Andreas

The problem is that you are trying add a duplicated value on an "unique" field

add to your model’s rules

function rules(){

return array(

//...

array('uniqueField','unique'),

//...

);

}

Im not really sure where to find duplicated value.

The problem has probably something to do with me, because I’m new to Yii and php programming as a whole.

Based on the yii blog demo, I have expanded that with yii-user. If I follow along the installation manual,

doing the import, add module array, as well as components user array, and then login with the newly created yii-user module, thereby tries to create a post, it gives me the error:

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation:

1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails

If I import:

'application.modules.user.models.*',

'application.modules.user.components.*',

before

'application.models.*',

'application.components.*',

I can still create a post with the blog-demo. If I import user.models and components after, it also fails with the same error message.

So what I want, is to replace the blog-demo authentication with your yii-user extension.

What am I missing?

Best

Andreas Hansen

NOTE: moved to proper section (Extensions instead of General Discussion for Yii 1.1.x)

I miss read the first time

Its not about duplication,

The problem is that you are filling a foreigner key with a value that does not match in the foreigner table