• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Contribute code to Yii feature request with the code :) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DRulz 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

Hi,

I had a quick question. I am currently working on a project, for which I have added a small function to an existing Yii framework class(file). I wanted to know how I can contribute this function to Yii?

To make myself a bit more clear, I would like the Yii community to consider this function and if they find it useful to add this function to core Yii framework.I have gone through the contribute page on Yii framework, but sadly it does not speak about contributing to Yii in this way.

Now I am wondering whether what I am speaking about can be done in the first place??

Awaiting replies..

#2 User is offline   yiqing95 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

as an extension , you can create an extension right hand side there is a "create Extension" button or you can read this : extending yii

#3 User is offline   Maurizio Domba Cerin 

• Yii - Yesss It Is !!!
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

For a function to be included in the core... it should work in all situations for all users... not to be a solution for one problem that you had...

- you can post your code/request in the "Feature Request" section so that the dev team can evaluate your function - http://www.yiiframew...ature-requests/

- you can post your idea/code as a new issue on google code - http://code.google.c...yii/issues/list
Find more about me.... btw. Do you know your WAN IP?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users