Yiic shell and database configuration

Are there any instructions on how to configure database access for the yiic command in version 1.0.6?

I tried different things, but none of them worked:

Tried the following protected/config/console.php file:

<?php

// This is the configuration for yiic console application.

// Any writable CConsoleApplication properties can be configured here.

return array(

'basePath'=>dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'..',

'name'=>'My Console Application',

'db'=>array(

'class' => 'CDbConnection',

'connectionString'=>'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=my_app',

'charset' => 'UTF8',

'username'=>'root',

'password'=>'root',

),

);

However, I get the following error if I run "protected/yiic shell" from the command line:

exception 'CException' with message 'Property "CConsoleApplication.db" is read only.' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/base/CComponent.php:151

Is there any reason why the yiic shell can't just look at my "protected/config/main.php" file for figuring out the database connection?

Cheers,

pieter

'db' should be put in 'component' array

When I do that and change the configuration in "protected/config/console.php" to:

<?php

// This is the configuration for yiic console application.

// Any writable CConsoleApplication properties can be configured here.

return array(

'basePath'=>dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'..',

'name'=>'My Console Application',

'components' => array(

'db'=>array(

'class' => 'CDbConnection',

'connectionString'=>'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=my_app',

'charset' => 'UTF8',

'username'=>'root',

'password'=>'root',

),

),

);

then I get the following message:

exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection: could not find driver' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:248

Stack trace:

#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(223): CDbConnection->open()

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/db/CDbConnection.php(202): CDbConnection->setActive(true)

#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/base/CModule.php(353): CDbConnection->init()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/base/CApplication.php(338): CModule->getComponent('db')

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/cli/commands/shell/ModelCommand.php(267): CApplication->getDb()

#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/cli/commands/ShellCommand.php(136): ModelCommand->run(Array)

#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/cli/commands/ShellCommand.php(96): ShellCommand->runShell()

#7 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(62): ShellCommand->run(Array)

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(88): CConsoleCommandRunner->run(Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/base/CApplication.php(133): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/framework/yiic.php(31): CApplication->run()

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/protected/yiic.php(7): require_once('/Library/WebSer...')

#12 /Library/WebServer/Documents/apps/FeedProxy/protected/yiic(4): require_once('/Library/WebSer...')

#13 {main}

The same connection information is in my "protected/config/main.php" and is working just fine.

Cheers,

pieter

Fixed, there was some mixup with the php.ini that was being looked at.

@pclaerhout, how did you fix it exactly,becoz I’m running into the same exception and have also added the db settings but still the same exception.So I would appreciate if you could explain further on the php.ini mix up