e-xgen is giix Extjs Generator, an Extjs code generator for Yii PHP framework.
e-xgen is inspired and based on giix by mentel, gii-template-collection (gtc), by Herbert Maschke (thyseus), and additional webapp theme from derelict.
e-xgen is inspired and uses code from giix, Yii PHP framework and gii-template-collection, i only add some function to generate extjs crud template(i'm trying to make the template as simple as possible, so input are welcome). Many thanks to Qiang Xue, Mentel ,Herbert Maschke, derelict and the contributors of these software.
features from e-xgen :
- generate extjs store from table definition
- generate extjs grid and column header, and basic create, update and delete control
- generate extjs form based on table definition (including combo for foreign key contraint) and basic create update operation.
- additional webapptheme (but with giix foreign key support)
Features from giix:
giix extends Yii's gii by providing:
- Proper handling of related model attributes, rendering appropriate form fields based on relation type.
- More support for HAS_MANY and MANY_MANY relations.
- Native support for saving MANY_MANY relations with the new method GxActiveRecord::saveWithRelated.
- Native support for saving multiple (related or not) records with the new method GxActiveRecord::saveMultiple.
- Automatic string representation for a model via GxActiveRecord::representingColumn() and GxActiveRecord::__toString().
- Better i18n support and easier to maintain: support to active record labels. You change the label once in the model and it is automatically updated in the views. This is especially useful for plurals.
- Out-of-the box i18n support by using Yii::t().
- Appropriate form fields are rendered based on model attribute/table field data type.
- Separated model and basemodel. Basemodel can be regenerated without overwriting your code in the model.
- Smart methods can query your database for just the needed data (usually the primary key and the field with the string representantion), avoiding manual setup or a "select *".
- Extensive use of default method parameters. Appropriate data is found automatically.
- Some (incipient) support for tables with composite primary keys.
- Generated code is completely free from styling and formatting. Your CSS controls the presentation.
- Generated code is (almost) free of comments.
- Well documented and commented source code. Ohloh says that 40% of the lines in the code are comments! You can understand and modify anything you want.
e-xgen extension link
Number of downloads: 304
Number of downloads: 270
i'm a yii newbie, i will learn alot from your input and recomendation