Page Not Found 'login'

I just started going through the “Creating first Yii Application” section. The command line tool seemed to work fine. I went to http://localhost/projectname/ and it did show the first page. Clicking the login link results in a page not found. Did I miss a step?

Did you make any change to the code generated by yiic?

What is the detailed error information?

The only change I made was to the connectionString (mysql with username and password, instead of sqlite). I'll try again from a clean slate.

Page Not Found

The system is unable to find the requested action "login".

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

2008-10-09 10:20:55 Apache/2.0.63 (Win32) Yii Framework/1.0a

I guess you created a User model and UserController? Did you overwrite any existing files during the file generation?

Doh! That is correct. When I created a user model it did ask me to overwrite a file.

OK, started over. Before executing the "crud User" command, I made a copy UserController.php. Then, after overwriting the original UserController.php, I merged the newly created UserController file with my copy. Now I have a login and crud controls.

Could/should the code generated from the crud command extend that class instead of overwrite it?

I changed the yiic webapp command so that it no longer creates the UserController to avoid this issue.