Hosting Yii

I generated a simple app (based on one in php class). Uploaded it in the same structure as local and it crashes immediately error 500. I beleve yii is trying to create a script and my settings are preventing it. Can anybody help? Does anybody know exactly where yii is trying to write a script?

See the error log yii runs even on free host without install needed, for example registered this yestarday to test some free hosting

http://yiiyii.d9x.ru/demos/blog/

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I simply zipped up my project folder, uploaded it in the same relative direcory (to my localhost as fatcow’s root) and thought I was good until I tried running. Well first I had to adjust the mysql login parameters. This would be so cool to present yii generated code in class; they mostly don’t have a clue what a framework can do.

The log you mentioned - is that the server log or some kind of yii-specific log? All I can find is the server log and it’s like reading (well you know). I am glad to see support on this forum and plan on being here whenever I have tried all I can think of and still can’t get resolutions.

I’ll take another look at the server log, but the error message:

"The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log."

seems to indicates a directory/folder rights issue; however it night be a pathing issue.

Thanks again,

Andy

Thanks to all who took a look at this. I found the cgi_error_log in the stats directory and it indicated a suEXEC policy violation. Turns out I had ‘more than required’ permissions to my project folder. So changed that to 755 and viola! All that fumbling around - if only I’d known about this log file sooner. Won’t forget that tidbit. Maybe I’ll graduate from a ‘newbie’ straight to ‘black belt’!

I’ll be seein y’all real soon now ya hear (southern U.S. slang).

The abester