Yii Framework Forum: [EXTENSION] Bootstrap - Yii Framework Forum

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[EXTENSION] Bootstrap Bringing together Yii and Twitter Bootstrap Rate Topic: ***** 23 Votes

#881 User is offline   KillCloud 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postchuntley, on 13 December 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

A big problem I've hit with this extension is that all AJAX requests are initializing Bootstrap because of preload. This is a huge waste of resources, especially when using AJAX-based file uploaders that split the file into chunks, for large files you could be intializing bootstrap hundreds of times.

I ended up disabling preload and switched the loading of bootstrap to a filter.

Chuntley, thanks for your answer, help me a lot.

#882 User is offline   KillCloud 

• Yii

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm having a problem with Yii Booststrap datepicker and CJuiDialog in same screen, exactly what this guy reported in this topic.

http://www.yiiframew...-datepickerrow/

Someone know how i can solve this?

Attached File(s)

#883 User is offline   Xindexer 

• Yii

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hey guys, I have been using this extension for a while now - it really has been nice, but I had a need to get bootstrap 3 up and running and didn't see any action on this - so, I did it myself over the past two weeks. This didn't take a complete rewrite; however, there is some significant structural changes between bootstrap 2 and 3 which required a lot of code dissecting and rewriting.

At it's core, this plugin is very similar to version 2.3.2. I attempted to leave the class structures alone so that the transition from the old version to this one would be fairly seemless. There are some places where I had to change things. I did my best to document the changes in the demo project.

This is not 100% perfect yet, I would consider it to be version 3.0 beta1. Please give me some feedback on what isn't working for you and I'll work on it some more. But for the most part, the demo page works like it is supposed to.

I also found a bug or two in the base code (specifically, you can now modify the label attribute while using textFieldRow). I will continue to maintain this as best I can while bootstrap 3 progresses.

Here's the fork on bitbucket for the code (make sure you are on branch bootstrap 3)

h t t p s://bitbucket.org/xindexer/yii-bootstrap-3.0/src/591e92828d3b90b1b2a26a2c0a9314ba16d07867?at=bootstrap%203"]Yii-Bootstrap-3

sorry for the link format - apparently I don't have URL embed privileges yet

#884 User is offline   vnmjacky 

• Yii

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Thanks man! Will test it now, was looking for something like this since bootstrap 3 release!

#885 User is offline   vnmjacky 

• Yii

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostXindexer, on 08 September 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hey guys, I have been using this extension for a while now - it really has been nice, but I had a need to get bootstrap 3 up and running and didn't see any action on this - so, I did it myself over the past two weeks. This didn't take a complete rewrite; however, there is some significant structural changes between bootstrap 2 and 3 which required a lot of code dissecting and rewriting.

At it's core, this plugin is very similar to version 2.3.2. I attempted to leave the class structures alone so that the transition from the old version to this one would be fairly seemless. There are some places where I had to change things. I did my best to document the changes in the demo project.

This is not 100% perfect yet, I would consider it to be version 3.0 beta1. Please give me some feedback on what isn't working for you and I'll work on it some more. But for the most part, the demo page works like it is supposed to.

I also found a bug or two in the base code (specifically, you can now modify the label attribute while using textFieldRow). I will continue to maintain this as best I can while bootstrap 3 progresses.

Here's the fork on bitbucket for the code (make sure you are on branch bootstrap 3)

h t t p s://bitbucket.org/xindexer/yii-bootstrap-3.0/src/591e92828d3b90b1b2a26a2c0a9314ba16d07867?at=bootstrap%203"]Yii-Bootstrap-3

sorry for the link format - apparently I don't have URL embed privileges yet

Testing right now, looks good! But jumbotron isn't working...
Thanks

#886 User is offline   Idan Hen 

• Pip
  • Yii

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hey,

Great extension, really helps me a lot !

i have a question regarding : bootstrap.widgets.TbNavbar

1. is it possible to add a inline-form for a singup/login issue ? whats the best way to do that ?
2. i have decided to add a button for now, 'class' => 'bootstrap.widgets.TbButton'.
its working fine , but how can i decide if this widget is visible or not ? like the CMenu widget . is that possible ?

Thanks again,
Amazing work.

#887 User is offline   Shahcheraghean 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

1- yes it is possible for example:
<?php /** @var BootActiveForm $form */ $form = $this->beginWidget('bootstrap.widgets.TbActiveForm', array(     'id'=>'inlineForm',     'type'=>'inline',     'htmlOptions'=>array('class'=>'well'), )); ?>   <?php echo $form->textFieldRow($model, 'textField', array('class'=>'input-small')); ?> <?php echo $form->passwordFieldRow($model, 'password', array('class'=>'input-small')); ?> <?php $this->widget('bootstrap.widgets.TbButton', array('buttonType'=>'submit', 'label'=>'Log in')); ?>   <?php $this->endWidget(); ?>

for more information:
http://www.cniska.net/yii-bootstrap

www.shgn.ir
www.shgn.ir/yii-framework/
yii2.swsco.ir
In a world without any fences or walls,Who needs Gates or Windows!

#888 User is offline   nmaybar 

• Yii

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

hi all
I have followed the instructions to install this extension.
but I an facing a problem with the gii module

Alias "gii.GiiModule" is invalid. Make sure it points to an existing PHP file and the file is readable.

I have set the path for the alias in main.php
Yii::setPathOfAlias('bootstrap', dirname(FILE).'/../extensions/bootstrap/'); 

and my gii configuration in main.php is as follow:

'modules' => array(
        'gii' => array(
            'generatorPaths' => array(
                'bootstrap.gii',
            ),
        ),

what i have made wrong?
Best Reagards,
nmaybar@gmail.com

#889 User is offline   Sandy Rig 

• Yii

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hello Guys,

I am new to yii. I have created a small app that helps manage daily expences. I have installed the yii-bootstrap and it appears to work fine on the default pages, but when I go to app the (http://localhost/yii...dex.php/records) it shows the default home page. Even when I try to access the gii page it shows me the home page. What have I missed or doing wrong. I have followed all the instructions given on here. http://www.cniska.ne...trap/setup.html

screenshot
http://gyazo.com/8ee...b18145bd9afc08d

#890 User is offline   Jannis 

• Yii

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

I am reading since several hours but can not find an answer to my question:

Is it enough to install yiistrap
or do I also have to install bootstrap + less

Sorry, I am shure the answer is somewhere ... but I couldn't find it. Hope someon can give me a quick help :-)

#891 User is offline   foxtrotter 

• Yii

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

View Postnmaybar, on 13 October 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

hi all
I have followed the instructions to install this extension.
but I an facing a problem with the gii module

Alias "gii.GiiModule" is invalid. Make sure it points to an existing PHP file and the file is readable.

I have set the path for the alias in main.php
Yii::setPathOfAlias('bootstrap', dirname(FILE).'/../extensions/bootstrap/'); 

and my gii configuration in main.php is as follow:

'modules' => array(
        'gii' => array(
            'generatorPaths' => array(
                'bootstrap.gii',
            ),
        ),

what i have made wrong?

Hi I had same problem - in config/main
under modules -the gii lines should look like: