Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:27 PM
This took almost a year to build, but now that its done, we have it running on Yii 1.1.8, using some of the new query caching (sick) and are working on implementing some of the custom URL rule classes next, and a few other features that are going to be pretty cool.
We also modified the CDbConnectionManager extension that is available from the community, and improved on it a little bit as a class for a DB master / slave=n>1 environment. If anyone is interested in that, we're working on cleaning it up for release as an extension, but would be glad to share the class as it exists now.
rock and roll
PS have i mentioned that we love yii?
Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:27 PM
nice work. did you guys use MySQL?
Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:10 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:41 PM
If you guys dig Yii then I'm sold as well!
Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:53 AM
Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:33 AM
Actually, we do have a wird in English, readers
Google and read, sign up to post 1 or 2 questions, lurk for a bit until i get the feel for the place and crowd, them linge into a flurry of posts and comments. Lol, sounds just like a bar scene.
So, in a sense "lurker" fits some of us
Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:44 PM
how many page views per day ?
This kind of info would be useful if you feel you can reveal it (I know... "is it suitable for high traffic? Yes It Is" - but is it?)
try: command not found
Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:49 PM
1. Be or remain hidden so as to wait in ambush for someone or something: "a killer lurked in the darkness".
2.(of an unpleasant quality) Be present in a latent or barely discernible state, although still presenting a threat.
No I don't like that one bit - reader makes more sense.
Anyway, nice site - please share some more info on what you can as so many have asked it would be so interesting.
try: command not found
Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:55 AM
1. no we did not use the bootstrap widget
2. re: the site's traffic, i of course cannot reveal real numbers, but i will say that it is currently on the magnitude of hundreds of thousands per day (page views)
a bit more about the performance configuration since you guys are interested:
- we use a largely rewritten version of the DBConnectionMan extension to handle DB replication: http://www.yiiframew...ritesplitting/. we are planning to release our code for this after the next Yii site we launch (next weekend)
- configuration uses an nginx reverse proxy cache for http acceleration and we have been able to significantly reduce the amount of hardware running the site with that in place
- this database stores the entire published works from VICE's history for all of their regions, which is 13 years of content in over 30 countries. there is a lot of stuff in there.
- amazon cloudfront for asset CDN, ooyala/akamai for video CDN
- cms is also home rolled, and something we'd also like to release eventually but that wont be for a while