Using relational data in CGridView

I am trying to use a gridView to display the Sites that belong to a company, In the View.php of controllers I have added:

$this->widget('zii.widgets.grid.CGridView', array(

'dataProvider'=>new CActiveDataProvider($model->sites, array()),

'columns'=>array(

'SITE_NAME',

),

));

My controller has

public function actionView($id)

{

$this->render('view',array(

'model'=>$this->loadModel($id),

));

}

If I do a for each on the model->sites I am able to echo the SITE_NAME, so I know the relation is working. I do not get any errors, but it looks like CSS does not load and I just get " Viewing Company" at the top of the page.

I am new to obj programing, and Yii, so I am not quite sure of what im doing… Any help would be appreciated!

The dataprovider property expects an IDataProvider (usually a CActiveDataProvider). I usually do something like this.

dataProvider = new CActiveDataProvider('Site', array(			// Finds all sites with a matching parent company

'criteria' => array(

'condition' => 'company_id=:companyId',

'params' => array(

':companyId' => $model->id, 			// The id of the parent company

),

'order' => 'create_time DESC',

),

'pagination' => array(

'pageSize' => 10,

),

));

$this->render('company/sites', array(

'dataProvider' => $dataProvider,

));

Cheers,

Matt

Thank you so much, that did the trick!

Ok, Now I am starting to feel really dumb… When You click on a site I have it linked to go to the info’s view,

'viewButtonUrl'=>'Yii::app()->createUrl("/info/view", array("id" => $data->ID_SITE_PK, "site" => $data->SITE_NAME))',

Which works great, however I also want to send over the company name as well so I can fix the breadcrumbs $model->COMPANY_NAME, which would look like this:

'viewButtonUrl'=>'Yii::app()->createUrl("/info/view", array("id" => $data->ID_SITE_PK, "company" => $model->COMPANY_NAME, "site" => $data->SITE_NAME))',

When I do this i get an error, Where does the $data object come from and how can I do this?

Try this

'viewButtonUrl'=>'Yii::app()->createUrl("/info/view", array("id" => $data->ID_SITE_PK, "company" => '.$model->COMPANY_NAME.', "site" => $data->SITE_NAME))',

/Tommy

That almost worked, got me on the right track though… I had to add "" around that.

'viewButtonUrl'=>'Yii::app()->createUrl("/info/view", array("id" => $data->ID_SITE_PK, "company" => "'.$model->COMPANY_NAME.'", "site" => $data->SITE_NAME))',

Thanks again!