Yii Framework Forum: Looking for reviewers for Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook (free review copies) - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for reviewers for Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook (free review copies)

#1 User is offline   Jitesh 

• Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hi, I am Jitesh, and I work with Packt. Packt has recently released Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook, written by Alexander Makarov.

We seek reviewers for this book. If you have a fair knowledge of Yii, and are interested in reviewing the book, then I'd be glad to send you an ecopy of it. I've attached a sample chapter for your reference.

You may contact me on my email address: jiteshg@packtpub.com for more details.

Thank you :)

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   ifdattic 

• Pip
  • Yii

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

View PostJitesh, on 30 August 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

Hi, I am Jitesh, and I work with Packt. Packt has recently released Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook, written by Alexander Makarov.

We seek reviewers for this book. If you have a fair knowledge of Yii, and are interested in reviewing the book, then I'd be glad to send you an ecopy of it. I've attached a sample chapter for your reference.

You may contact me on my email address: jiteshg@packtpub.com for more details.

Thank you :)

That's a great deal, too bad that I already bought this book and I would probably be terrible at reviewing. But I think I will probably try at least to do a small review just for practice and because this is a great book. Well at least I will submit a typos I found in the final book (tomorrow or after tomorrow probably as I still have three chapters left) :)
Andrius Marcinkevičius
(In English: Andrew M.)
Web Developer
http://ifdattic.com

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jitesh 

• Yii

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

View Postandrew2mar, on 30 August 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

That's a great deal, too bad that I already bought this book and I would probably be terrible at reviewing. But I think I will probably try at least to do a small review just for practice and because this is a great book. Well at least I will submit a typos I found in the final book (tomorrow or after tomorrow probably as I still have three chapters left) :)

Sure! I'm glad that you liked the book. Don't forget to send me the link when you have reviewed it :)

#4 User is offline   golchi 

• Yii

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Hey I have the chance to be doing the review on it :-). You can check the preview on my blog (Check on my profile; my first posts can not include a link :-( )

#5 User is offline   dhimes 

• Yii

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Interesting. Publishers typically seek reviewers before they publish, to catch typos and such. This may explain some things with the Packt books :) .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users