GII MODEL GENERATOR TIME OUT ERROR

I am able to access model generator , when i enter the table name and press preview , it starts to process the request and takes so long that it generates time out error…

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in E:\ixampp\htdocs\yii\framework\db\CDbCommand.php on line 485

i changed the time from 30 to 90 seconds still same error for simple test 3 col tables as well.

and also I get a notice on index when i include this code

$connection=Yii::app()->db;

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\ixampp\htdocs\PAEC\index.php on line 14…

i have installed OCI from oracle database.[i.e Custom…]

any idea … ??

NOTE: a strange thing my SID=db10g1 i am using connect specifier of the name db10g1 . but cant connect to isql plus from my driver installed using db10g1 , and i have another sid MIS which connects from local , but does not even reach model generator

generates error like = TNS connect specifier erro in pdo_oci

Solved

forgot to include in environment variables.

TNS_ADMIN=C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\NETWORK\ADMIN

well as i was writing the problem above , the solution clicked in my mind.

so may be when u r stuck at something in life , lay it down , often the answers are hidden somewhere in the middle of questions.

:)

be careful using native pdo_oci extension as it is not very stable and is missing many features.

instead it can be much better to use http://sourceforge.net/projects/phppdo/ which provides pdo interface using oci8 functions (class wrapper to oci8 functions which are supported by Oracle and much more reliable).