creating and rendering a static view

I’m trying to expand upon Larry Ullman’s introductory tutorial on Yii where you create an employee MVC and department MVC. I want to add a “tab” to the skeleton webapp created by yiic, which I have successfully done by adding the following line:

array(‘label’ => ‘Company Info’, ‘url’ =>array(’/site/companyInfo/’,))

To the Cmenu widgit in the /protected/views/layouts/main.php file, and the site displays my tab with its label "Company Info" upon loading.

When i try and click on my tab I get:

Error 404

The system is unable to find the requested action "companyInfo".

my companyInfo.php file looks like such and is stored in: /protected/views/site :

<?php

&#036;this-&gt;pageTitle=Yii::app()-&gt;name . 'Company Info';

&#036;this-&gt;breadcrumbs=array('Company Info',);

?>

<div id="companyinfomenu">

&lt;?php &#036;this-&gt;widget('zii.widgets.CMenu',array(

'items'=&gt;array(

array('label' =&gt; 'Employees', 'url'= &gt;array('/employee/')),   &lt;--- syntax error after 'url'=

array('label'=&gt;'Department', 'url'=&gt;array('/department/')),

),

)

); 

?&gt;

</div>

When I paste the above code contained in my file into the "about.php" file in /sites/about.php it works…

so what gives? do I need to create a controller for my file companyInfo? or do I need to update something in the SiteController.php file to get this guy to render? I am completely stymied and would really appreciate some help.

mods i figured it out, please delete this thread. my apologies

If someone will have a similar problem… it would be more helpful if you would write here what was the problem and how you solved it…

the main things I was doing wrong,

one:

static pages go in the /views/site/pages/ directory, moving my file here solved the problem.

two:

a syntax arror I’ve pointed out in my initial post in assigning the key/value pair in my widget