Page design in help with a views

Hi Folks,

I am totaly newbie in Yii, so sorry for stupit question. I like MVC architecture, but could you please help me to answer question how to design page with more than one blocks of data?

You know, I have quite complex page where you can find for example chart, gainers boxes and other related content. I understand I will create one controller, more data models but what about views?

Is it in habbit to do one view per controller or it is better to have so many views I need there? For example each block on the page will have separate view?

Please help me to understand more to MVC, many thanks for your replies in advance!

Cheers,

Jakub

Yes, a controller renders only one view file. But inside a view you can call renderPartial() to render another views (e.g. _form.php). Also you can use widgets, e.g. to display top news or lastest comments. But widgets usually go to a layout file and renderPartial is used inside a controller view file.

Thank you for your reply. I understand, but what is the best way to show more data outputs one one page? renderPartial or Widgets? Which one I should follow?

j.

Use widgets to display same blocks for different controllers. Widgets are similar to controllers, they can also retrieve data from a database and pass it to their own views.