CAssetManager->Publish doesn't seem to copy files

Hi,

I’m creating a widget and I’m using assorted assets along with it. When I publish the script files like so:

//make the asset path availiable.

$path = pathinfo(__FILE__);

$basePath = $path['dirname'].DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'assets';		

$baseUrl=Yii::app()->getAssetManager()->publish($basePath);

//register the needed scripts and default css files

$cs=Yii::app()->getClientScript();

$cs->registerCoreScript('jquery');

$cs->registerScriptFile($baseUrl.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$this->scriptFile, CClientScript::POS_HEAD);

$cs->registerCssFile($baseUrl.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$this->defaultCssFile);

I get this in the source of my page:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/HydroRecoveryLP/admin/assets/61ba992d/defaultDraggableMultiSelect.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="/HydroRecoveryLP/admin/assets/61ba992d/draggableMultiSelect.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/HydroRecoveryLP/admin/assets/6592c0d0/jquery.js"></script>

This is fine and correct except the 61ba992d directory doesn’t exist under my assets folder. Shouldn’t that be created by the assets manager or do I have to create it myself? I thought that publish() created the necessary directory and copied the files there for me.

The file permissions on the assets directory are correct (readable and writable) so if publish does do the copy it should work.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,

-Nazum

It should be created automatically, no need to create it manually as those numbers can vary…

First thing would be to check permissions… I know you wrote that the permissions are good… but check that the web process has permissions to that folder…

I gave the everyone access to the folder and that seemed to work. I’m developing this on a dev machine and the other assets that were created before were done on the first rendition on the production server so it makes sense why it worked before. Anyways, thanks for your help.

-Nazum