Performance Tuning In Yii guide

[color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]

[color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]We read in Performance Tuning section:(Yii Guide)[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[font=“Arial, sans-serif”][color="#222222"][size=4]But,In order to implement these caching methods,there should be a cache component configured,which uses a server extension.So I don’t understand this distinction application level caching techniques versus [/size][/color][/font][color=#222222][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]server-level caching.I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.Thanks in advance.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]The main purpose of APC is to provide opcode caching, and it works without any application-level configuration or code. Data caching (which can be done at application-level) is just an additional "bonus feature".

Also, you can implement page caching at server level using a caching reverse proxy. (Varnish, for example) [/size][/font]

Thanks,this is making it clear to me.I am seriously considering hiring a dedicated server for my projects.I don’t think my host provider is willing to modify his server configuration everytime I need a new feature on the server side.But the thought of learning how to configure an Apache Server is overwhelming…