WDforYii Extension

Hello,

We at Clevertech use WD Calendar in some of our projects and it worked out great, so we decided to share it with you guys.

http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/wdforyii/

If you have any suggestions, how this extension would be better, let us know.

Thanks,

–iM

Thanks for sharing, didn’t know about that calendar; looks really great. And having an Yii module to easily integrate it is awesome. However, I never understood how (L)GPL licenses apply to web applications.

For example, if I start some publicly available website (which I consider sort of "releasing" a web application), and integrate your module into it, does this mean, I am forced to also put that application under (L)GPL?

Or would that be considered sort of “dynamic linking”? As far as I know, the whole background of why you can distribute LGPL’d libraries together with software under different (proprietary) licensed desktop applications is, that it must be possible for the end user to exchange the lib with another version.

Ben,

I chose the LGPL license for this module simply because the author of the WD Calendar used it.

If you read this here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html

I think you can put your app/site under whatever license you like, as long as you make sure that the library stays under LGPL …

But I’m no legal guy, that’s for sure :confused:

–iM

Hi, i have a problem with the extension:

CExceptionAlias "wdcalendar.WdcalendarModule" is invalid. 

Make sure it points to an existing PHP file./var/www/../framework/YiiBase.php(321)

#0 	+ /var/www/../framework/YiiBase.php(201): YiiBase::import("wdcalendar.WdcalendarModule", true)

#1 	+ /var/www/../framework/base/CModule.php(266): YiiBase::createComponent("wdcalendar.WdcalendarModule", "wdcalendar", null, array("embed" => true))

#2 	+ /var/www/../framework/web/CWebApplication.php(332): CModule->getModule("wdcalendar")

#3 	+ /var/www/../framework/web/CWebApplication.php(271): CWebApplication->createController("wdcalendar")

#4 	+ /var/www/../framework/web/CWebApplication.php(136): CWebApplication->runController("wdcalendar") 

I install the extension in protected/modules folder,

¿What is the problem? :(

I have the last version of Yii installed

Sorry for my bad english.

I need a little of help…

Hi , I found the problem and when changing the folder name to "wdcalendar" the module works fine.

I making a change in the code , now works for multiusers systems.

I’m uploading the new version in some days…

Regards!

Hello, I downloaded and then installed wdforyii, at the end of the step by step guide gives the message that enjoy the extesion, but I get 404 browser error, it did not create any model, controller or view, I do not know where to start, I searched documentation or examples but can not get anything to help me, could you please give me a hand, the idea is to build an application to record medical appointments, only five attributes: patien, appointment type, doctor, date and time, a then displat it in the calendar grid, thanx!

Greetings.

How to you renderPartial this calendar? Currently if you embed the calendar it doesn’t carry over the theme

If you have any suggestions, how this extension would be better, let us know.

Thanks,

–iM

[/quote]

Hey, guys. I’ve the same problem as user ‘blammo’ had:

"CExceptionAlias "wdcalendar.WdcalendarModule" is invalid.

Make sure it points to an existing PHP file./var/www/../framework/YiiBase.php(316)

#0 + /var/www/../framework/YiiBase.php(201): YiiBase::import("wdcalendar.WdcalendarModule", true)

#1 + /var/www/../framework/base/CModule.php(266): YiiBase::createComponent("wdcalendar.WdcalendarModule", "wdcalendar", null, array("embed" => true))

#2 + /var/www/../framework/web/CWebApplication.php(332): CModule->getModule("wdcalendar")

#3 + /var/www/../framework/web/CWebApplication.php(271): CWebApplication->createController("wdcalendar")

#4 + /var/www/…/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(136): CWebApplication->runController("wdcalend…"

but unlike blammo when i changed the folder’s name for ‘wdcalendar’ - still nothing works.

I also wonder what does it mean in the ‘wdcalendar’ => array( ‘admin’ => ‘install’ ), ‘admin’ => ‘install’? I do not see any ‘admin’ or ‘install’ files. What’s wrong?

yii_wdcalendar.png

Well I was looking for a solution of this problem, because i got the same as user ‘Igor Savinkin’. I tryed to create a document ‘WdcalendarModule.php’ but still yii has problems to execute that extension.

Has anyone found the solution?

need help about modifying wdcalendar just adding one column in table like user_id and then it will filter the calendar activities depending of what activities the user_id is…for example id user_id is 234 it will show only the activities of calendar where the user_id is 234,someting like that…where to locate that code probably hard to locate …heheh

I am trying to use this module also. I did have an issue with the folder name, but as suggested here, changing it to wdcalendar worked a charm (I also had to chown the folder first). How do I even go about embedding this into my layout. I’m pretty comfortable I will be able to modify the calendar to do what I need. but how do I get it to display on a page in the first place? Any help is appreciated

Hi! Newbee here… The calendar is working fine. My questions is, how can I embed it in my main page? Thank you in advance.

Thank you to the author of this module.