Permissions

Hello everyone! I’m yet begginer in Yii. I run it on lighttpd and Debian 6. At the moment of creating model, controller, view, I get an error about the lack of privileges. I’ve done chmod 777 for the folders model, controller, view. But I think this is not the right decision. How to resolve this correctly?

Explain, please, yet next moments:

1. Who must to be owner of the project folder which contains the folder "protected" on development server?

2. Who must to be owner of the project folder which contains the folder "protected" on production server?

3. What are permissions should be assigned to the folders model, controller, views on development server?

4. What are permissions should be assigned to the folders model, controller, views on production server?

Like you said, your decision is not right, especially for production servers. The best setting would be if web user is owner of this files(or in same group), so you can give less permissions to group/public users(in ideal condition privileges could be 0700, but that is not always possible).