Yii 1.0.5 is released

Dear Yii Folks,

We are proud to announce the release of Yii Framework v1.0.5!

In this release, we included nearly thirty feature enhancements and a dozen of bug fixes. Some of the major feature enhancements are summarized as follows.

We made several significant improvements to the ActiveRecord (AR) feature in Yii. We implemented named scopes (thanks to Ruby on Rails for its inspiration) in AR, which allows us to write snappy and chainable queries like Post::model()->published()->recently()->findAll(). We further improved the lazy loading feature of AR by supporting on-the-fly query options. We also added support for using Oracle with AR, thanks to our community member Ricardo for his generous contribution.

We enhanced the URL management functionality. In particular, sub-patterns can now be used in URL routes. This makes the two-way URL management (URL routing and creation) in Yii even more powerful.

While we are adding many new features, performance remains to be a central piece in Yii. In this release, we optimized the database queries used in role-based access control (RBAC). We also added support for caching the result of RBAC.

A list of all issues resolved in this release can be found at:

http://www.yiiframew…GELOG-1.0.5.txt

Cheers!

The Yii Developer Team

http://www.yiiframework.com

Cool, thanks a lot, Qiang!

You guys are so awesome! ^_^

wow, awesome!

Excellent.  The release of these new versions keeps me feeling confident that Yii will be the leading PHP5 framework.

Keep up the great development, Yii is now our company’s primary framework! We’ve released 6 websites with it and counting!  :D

Really impressive, thank you very much! Keep up the good work!

It’s also very pleasing to hear that the primary goal is always front of your eyes. Web 2.0 is fed up with robust, resource intensive mass of codes.

Fantastic job! Really appreciate it.

great~~

xiexie…

Awesome! I hope to get more into it after school finals

good

How to update from old version to 1.0.5 version?

Basically, you should replace the old /framework folder with the 1.0.5's /framework and read change log for updates

Basically, you should replace the old /framework folder with the 1.0.5's /framework and read change log for updates

Thanks

Congratulations!!! I love this framework…

Fantastic!

In 1.1 version, Yii will conquer the the world! hehehe

Excellent, keep up the good work  :)

Great work,

There is a compatibility issue with CUrlManager. If you used it and you had a cache database defined this will fail. So make sure to truncate your cache table…

(In general I would recommend that you always flush your cache when you upgrade.)

nz

Congrats Yii Team

class Congrats extends CController{

public function actionIndex(){

echo "Congratulations for your hard work!!!";

}

}