Setting up a Yii install not under document root

Hello,

This may be more of an apache setup question than a yii question.

I have hosting under godaddy.com.I developed locally and used urlManager and adjusted the htaccess - everything works fine under my local env.

I moved the directory structure around a little. I created a htdocs folder storing the assets, css, images, and index.php files.

Now I want to upload my Yii site under my site on goadddy.I wanted to dump this under www.mydomain.com/yii.

The yii folder has following folders: framework, htdocs, protected. The index.php is under htdocs/index.php.

I have a htaccess under this folder:

RewriteEngine on

Options +FollowSymLinks

IndexIgnore */*

DirectoryIndex /yii/htdocs/index.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?$1 [L]

If I go to mydomain.com/yii it loads the site fine under/site/index.

But I click into a module and it breaks, php error: No input file specified.

The link takes me to mydomain.com/yii/htdocs/index.php/movies

movies is my module.

I am stumped, and given godaddys lack of access log, I can’t see the requests.

bump

What does your index.php look like? Does it work if you move index.php out of htdocs and into the /yii directory making sure you’re referencing the /framework directory correctly?

I use Yii successfully with GoDaddy’s shared hosting. It seems that you installed your Yii application directly under the Yii framework directory. If so, it’s not recommended; you should create its skeleton using yiic webapp at the same level as the framework. If not, I would need to see your directory structure to try and help you.

You can access Apache’s access log using GoDaddy’s FTP File Manager - it’s under [Apache Logs].