yiic requires MainMenu?

When I was working on yiic I found that if I deleted the MainMemu.php under components which is generated by running webapp, yiic shell will show errors. It doesn't make any sense to me, I haven't check the source yet, but I think it's very likely a bug in yii cli.

P.S.: I tried to run webapp to create a fresh app and delete the menu file, the problem remains, so problem should be in yii core. I am using yii1.04

It's because yiic shell will try to execute the default page. If yo udelete MainMenu, the default page will have problem because MainMenu is used in the layout.

It's because yiic shell will try to execute the default page. If yo udelete MainMenu, the default page will have problem because MainMenu is used in the layout.

What's the purpose of trying to execute the default page when yiic shell starts. Is there a way to avoid this behavior?

Please try "yiic help shell".

The reason of executing the default page is to obtain an application instance with property configuration. In fact, we only need to know the configuration array. So if you can supply that, it will be fine.

You are right, it works fine if config file is provided.

Thank you!