Install demo problem

Hi all,

yii looks really really good and I am happy to spend some time building my knowledge since I have some chunky apps I need to build and a fast way to do so…

I am working with php5/apache and requirements looked good. Most demo apps seemed ok. My hardware platform is windows 7 ultimate and browser is firefox.

I just tried from a dos box run yiic webapp demo and that failed initially because it could not find oci.dll, so I downloaded it and copied it into windows/system and windows/system32 just in case…

now running yiic webapp demo gives a different error: The procedure entry point OCILobRead2 could not be located in the dynamic link library OCI.dll then W7 gives me a dialog box CLI has stopped working…

I have attached the dll in case anyone is able to examine this… anyone have a good one if this is broken or the wrong version??

ta

george

in my opinion your problem is in server installation or configuration not in yii itself

shut down your current apache and then try to install xampp then try your command again …

if it is run ok then verify your old installation and settings …

i hope this will solve your problem.

:rolleyes:

thanks for the reply…

i did not understand why i should have xaamp installed… since i always assume that <all it is> is another web server.

but… i did install it anyway once i read your post…

i forgot to shutdown apache when i did the install… so the services did not start…

i did start xaamp however… and when i ran yiic webapp demos i had the message re oci.dll BUT the batch did seem to generate and create the directory structure…

i will see how my tests look…

… but i would like to understand what xaamp gives me or does…

george

and the generated app looks perfect…

i’m really looking forward to working with yii…

good to hear it is working for you (not exactly working but let you start btw)

actually you shouldn’t use xampp, like you mentioned (just another web server) :)

a quick googling show me that this lib file is Oracle related … so as start try to remove any Oracle related from php.ini (if my guessing about Oracle is correct) …

and since i am not an Oracle guy then i fear i coudn’t go any further to help.

about Xampp is just a web server distribution that make it easy to get started quickly, it use most of the common features you need to complete your projects.

check this for more details:

xampp

BTW, i am a LAMP guy (linux) but i used to use xampp in windows from time to time and basically it is great and just WORK !!