assets management

Ok, maybe I’m just not wrapping my head around this one, but the whole registering of assets seems a bit odd to me.

Specifically, I’ve run into this: I include jQuery, then I modify jQuery with a bunch of plugins, but then a yii plugin goes and includes another version of jquery, wiping out the original object and all it’s plugins.

I understand the need to protect against conflicts, but the case where a bunch of yii plugins can each include their own version of an asset seems ridiculous and over-complicated to me.

Is there a tutorial or overview doc on how the asset registration system works? Something better than the class reference that is?

Thanks

Make a simple search through the forum, and you will find that answer… if you do not wish to allow any plugins to register the core jquery.js you just need to set it on your scriptMap component ‘jquery’=>false or to your file…

Again… lots of info on that… http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13988-how-to-include-scripts-via-scriptmap/page__p__68961__hl__+criptMap#entry68961

That is just an example…