Not able to call javascript function on drop down change

In my view file i want to call a javascript function onchange of drop down element, for that i used the following piece of code

<script type="text/javascript">

<?php 

echo CHtml::cdata('jQuery(function($) {

var default_cc='.$cc_assignto.';

$(\'#'.CHtml::activeId($model,'component_id').'\').change(function(){

alert($(this).val());

);

});

'); 

?>

</script>

Is something wrong in my code.

CHtml::dropDownList(CHtml::getActiveId($model,'component_id'),2,array(1=>'A',2=>'B'),array('onchange'=>'javascriptFunction();'));

//

<script>

function javascriptFunction(){

[[CODE FOR ONCHANGE HERE.]]

var value=$('#ModelName_component_id').val();

[...]

}

</script>

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CHtml#dropDownList-detail

I made it work like this

<script type="text/javascript">

jQuery(function($) {

var cc_assign=<?php echo $cc_assignto ?> ;

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($model,'component_id') ?>').change(function(){

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($cc_module,'addtocc') ?>').html('');

if($(this).val()!=''){

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($model,'assigned_to') ?>').val(cc_assign[$(this).val()].assign_to);

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($cc_module,'who') ?>').html('');

if(cc_assign[$(this).val()].default_cc){

$.each(cc_assign[$(this).val()].default_cc, function(key, value)

{

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($cc_module,'who') ?>').append($("<option></option>").attr("value",key).text(value));

});

}

}else{

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($model,'assigned_to') ?>').val('');

$('#<?php echo CHtml::activeId($cc_module,'who') ?>').html('');

}

});

});

</script>

but i have added my script in my view file.

I do have date picker widget element in my form along with my other form elements,for the widget Yii is including jquery file and then writing a jquery function. In the jquery function all the html element events are written.

Now instead of writing one more jquery function(in my view file), i need to keep all my custom script and Yii generated script in one place i.e at the end of the page where yii is writing default script. How can i combine my custom script with yii generated jquery script function.

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerScript('myScript','[SCRIPT CODE]',CClientScript::POS_END);

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CClientScript#registerScript-detail

Above solution worked fine, but i need a bit more help, how can i send all the select box option values to server irrespective of it is selected or not. I am trying to do this in jquery.

jQuery.ajax({

"type":"POST",

"url":\' '.CController::createUrl('bugs/getdefault').' \',

"cache":false,

"data":{\'component_id\':$("#'.CHtml::activeId($model,'component_id').'").val(),\'usersin\':$("#'.CHtml::activeId($cc_module,'who').'".map(function(){return $(this).val();}).get(),\'name\':\'pavan\'},

"success":function(html){$("#'.CHtml::activeId($cc_module,'addtocc').'").html(html)}

});

if we go to “data” parameter there is ‘usersin’ variable where i am trying to get all values of selectbox into an array and then send it server, i tried using map function of jquery but its giving client side errors, how can i fix this.

well the easiest solution that comes into my mind right now is something like:

$(document).remove('input[name=checkboxValues[]]').append('<input type="hidden" name="checkboxValues[]" />');

$('#Model_component_id option').each(function(){

$('input[name=checkboxValues[]]').val($(this).attr('value'));

});

the above code will populate a virtual input array with the values of your select options, then all you have to do, is to send that input with ajax, like:

var selectOptionsData=$('input[name=checkboxValues[]]').serialize();

[...]

$.ajax({

"data":selectOptionsData,

});

[...]

Not tested though, hope you get the point .