selected value of dropdownlist should be used for comparison

hi all,

I have 2 table called Codes and expense

Codes table contain expense_codes and expense_name of that particular code.

Expense table contain (id,expene_name, expensecode,…)

Now in the Expense tables _form.php ,if i select the expense_name from the dropdownlist then the corresponding expense_code must be displayed as a non-editable field and must go into the Expense table.

Please help me .

Simply don’t save the expense code in the table, it depends from the expense name.

In the view you can always get with a join.

hi!

I’m sorry but I don’t understand good your question

first, you talk about 2 tables so I thought you wanted 2 dependent dropdown

dependent dropdownlist :)

but then, you say

so I think you have only one dropdownlist … when you say "… must be displayed as a non-editable field" what do you mean?? cuz the dropdownlist is a non-editable list

When you say "…and must go into the Expense table" do you want an insert into the DB when you select an item??

regards

Hi ClaCS,

The dependent drop-down list question was posted as a separate topic by me. In this topic i just wanted to display a value in the database depending on the selected value of the drop-down list .

As you said in this topic there is just one drop-down list . Now depending on the expense-name that i select the corresponding expense-code must be shown to the user as a non editable text-field and must be entered into the database.

I was trying to use Eager Loading for this issue. I saw code which looks like this

<?php Email::model()->with(

array(

'user.profile',

'token'

)

)->findByAttributes(

array('email'=>$form->model->email),

array(

'condition'=>'token.name=:name',

'params'=>array('name'=>'emailConfirmable'),

)

)?>

Can Any one explain the above code.

thanks for the reply. kindly help me out.