CActiveForm without the database

I have been working with the Yii framework for a little over 2 months now and have had a great deal of success using CActiveRecord and CActive form for dealing with manipulating various tables in our database (really enjoying the framework as a whole). Today I started working on a page that collects data that will not directly be added to the database and has no table in the database to deal with. I would still like to use the CActiveForm and take advantage the validation and ajax validation that is already built into Yii. Originally I planned on simply creating a CActiveRecord to model this data and just not use the database portion of the CActiveRecord class. When I tried this I ended up running into an issue with the table not existing. It makes sense to me why there would be save-guards to prevent one from doing this (since trying to use any of the DF functionality or relational functionality could cause a crash). I am wondering if there is another way to do this or is the CActiveForm just not usable outside of data that is represented in a database?

You can use CFormModel. The Gii-generated LoginForm is an example.

/Tommy

Wow, I’m rather embarrassed. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.