Inserting new record stripping ampersand

Hello, whenever I try to create a new item from a particular form, when I enter an ampersand or a string that contains one it doesn’t work.

$item = new Item;

$item->name = "&";

$item->save();

It just fails, I thought Yii handled cases like this. What is the best way to be able to add ampersands? Thanks.

Does anyone have an answer for this? I’m having a problem as well. Whenever there’s an ampersand in a string of text I save, it strips the ampersand and everything to the right of it in the string, and just saves the first part.

$item = new Item;

$item->attribute = "Blah & Blah";

$item->save(); //Stores "Blah " in the database

Here’s my rules function. I’m attempting to store the string in the “title” field.

public function rules()

{

// NOTE: you should only define rules for those attributes that

// will receive user inputs.

return array(

array('eq_id, wt_id, location_id, check_id, user_created, user_updated, user_completed, action_needed, action_complete', 'numerical', 'integerOnly'=>true),

array('text, time_created, time_updated, time_completed', 'safe'),

// The following rule is used by search().

// Please remove those attributes that should not be searched.

array('id, eq_id, wt_id, location_id, check_id, user_created, user_updated, user_completed, text, action_needed, action_complete, time_created, time_updated, time_completed, title', 'safe', 'on'=>'search'),

array('title', 'length', 'max'=>64),

array('title, text', 'required')

);

}

Can anyone say whether you can insert ampersands into your db without this happening?

Did some more troubleshooting. It boiled down to a jQuery problem, nothing to do with Yii.

Formerly I had:

var formData = $("#note-form").serialize();

$.ajax({

url: "myurl",

global: false,

type: "POST",

async: false,

data: formData

});

This ended up leaving the & in the POST string instead of encoding it to &.

Here’s the fix:

$.ajax({

url: "myurl",

global: false,

type: "POST",

async: false,

data: $("#note-form").serialize()

});

More efficient anyway, I suppose.