How to update multiple field with ajax

Hi

I have one dropdown list on my form

If I want to update an other field in the form (a dependant dropdown siteId for exemple), I use this code :

echo CHtml::dropDownList(	'groupeId', //cbxName

'', //selected value

CHtml::listData($dataGroupe,'id','nom'), 

array( //data

'ajax' => array( 'type'=>'POST', //request type

'url'=>CController::createUrl('manage/cbxGroupeChange'), 

'update'=>'#siteId', 

),		

'prompt'=>'Groupes',

),

array( )

); 

But If I want to update both the siteId dropdown and another field, how to proceed ???

thanks

Hi! Use ‘success’ parameter instead ‘update’

echo CHtml::dropDownList(    'groupeId', //cbxName

'', //selected value

CHtml::listData($dataGroupe,'id','nom'), 

array( //data

'ajax' => array( 'type'=>'POST', //request type

'url'=>CController::createUrl('manage/cbxGroupeChange'), 

'success'=>'updateFields',        

'dataType' => 'json',

),         

'prompt'=>'Groupes',

),

array( )

); <script type="javascript">

function updateFields(data){

$('#siteId').html(data.value1);

$('#otherfield').html(data.value2);

</script>

To use ‘data’ parameter with 2 or more fields, encode your result from ‘cbxGroupeChange’ with JSON.

It works

Thanks a lot

I want to update multiple drop downs(Dropdownlist) on selecting the items from the listbox. Please help me.

I want to call two ajax request on one action. Mean I have one drop downlistbox and I want to call two urls (actions as ajax requests ) on selecting the item in drop down, this request results should update the Two drop downs.

I had a similar problem: depending on a checkbox value I wanted to populate two drop down lists with different data. I called just one action, where I populated an array with two variables for both of the drop down lists. I used variables with strings of concatenated <option> tag instead of arrays.