Tabular Input For Multiple CListViews

I have an array of dataproviders that I loop through and provide to the CListView widget. All of this data comes from one model/table (but many instances of the model). I wrap all these CListView widgets in one form. Each table data is an input field with the associated data. Of course when I post the data I only get the first record.

I’ve read through this: http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/1.1/en/form.table but I can’t make it work with this situation.

My question: How would I retrieve and update this data in a batch? I will be eternally grateful for any help!! I’ve been beating my head for days on this.

Below is my code:

The View:

<?php echo CHtml::beginForm(); ?>

<?php foreach ($dataProvider as $data): ?>

<table>                    

<?php

$data->pagination->pageSize = $data->totalItemCount;

$this->widget('zii.widgets.CListView', array(

'dataProvider'     => $data,

'enablePagination' => FALSE,

'itemView'         => '_tableView',

'template'         => '{items}',

));

?>

</table>

<br>

<?php endforeach; ?>

<?php echo CHTML::button('Update'); ?>

<?php echo CHtml::endForm(); ?>

CListView View:

<tr>

<td><?php echo $data->account; ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::TextField('description', $data->description); ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::TextField('july', $data->july, 2); ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::TextField('august', $data->august, 2); ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::TextField('september', $data->september, 2); ?></td>

</tr>

Just a quick thought: Maybe you could wrap with a dynamic <fieldset name="$data->???"> tag somehow and maybe that would give you an array to loop through in the saving routine.

I’ll have to give a try and report back.

I would like to ask what the ‘2’ at the end of the CHtml::textField() calls is? The docs say it is supposed to be an array().

I apologize for my late response. The 2 was a simple copy & paste mistake. I’ve fixed the problem with code that looks like the following:

<?php echo CHtml::beginForm(); ?>

<?php foreach ($query as $i => $data): ?>       

<table id="<?php echo $i; ?>">           

<?php foreach ($data as $row): ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo $row->account; ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::activeTextField($row, "[$row->id]description"); ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::activeTextField($row, "[$row->id]july"); ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::activeTextField($row, "[$row->id]august"); ?></td>

<td><?php echo CHtml::activeTextField($row, "[$row->id]september"); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php endforeach; ?>

<tr>

<td>Account</td>

<td><input type="text" name="New[<?php echo $i; ?>][description]"></td>

<td><input type="text" name="New[<?php echo $i; ?>][july]"></td>

<td><input type="text" name="New[<?php echo $i; ?>][august]"></td>

<td><input type="text" name="New[<?php echo $i; ?>][september]"></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php endforeach; ?>

<?php echo CHTML::button('Update', array('submit' => Yii::app()->createUrl("budget/updateRecords"))); ?>

<?php echo CHtml::endForm(); ?>

I wasn’t able to get it to work with the CListView. Instead I loop through the array of instances of the model, then I loop through each record set. I also add a blank row of inputs at the end of each table. Hope it can help someone in the future.