Markdown + video

Hi Yii people,

does anyone succeeded in inserting a video (embede video ) into a Markdown syntax text ? I’m using the CMarkdown widget and could not insert a video in the text …

Thanks

Should that be supported by the “official” markdown syntax? Which code you’d like to generate?

Hi Mike,

I checked on the official web site and found no video tag or something … however, some other (non official) Markdown syntax page, state that one could use something like :

[color="#555555"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"][youtube] videoid [/youtube] [vimeo] clipid [/vimeo] [metacafe] videoid [/metacafe][/size][/font][/color]

[color="#555555"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][/color]

[color="#555555"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]size="2"[/size][/font][/color]

[font=“Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif”][size=“2”]I want that users who write a post, are able to insert a video from youtube (or other) … and this, in a ‘simple’ way.[/size][/font]

[font=“Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif”][size=“2”]If video can’t be inserted in Yii markdown syntax, do you know if there is a way to ‘customize’ the markdown parser ?[/size][/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]Thanks[/size][/font]

[color="#555555"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"][/size][/font][/color]

You can process video before markdown. Markdown itself does not spoil HTML markup.

Hi Samdark,

yes, markdown doesn’t spoil HTML markup, I read that also on the doc, however IFRAME element enclosing the video was always removed from rendered HTML.

The reason was that I was using the CMarkdown widget with a purifyOutput set to true !! … set it to false, and the video appears !!

Thanks for your help

8)