Help With URL Management

Now I have an application with the default urlManagement configs. I have the .htaccess with the index.php. Everything works fine until I set showScriptName to false. I have my project in “D” drive and wamp in “C” drive. I know mod_rewrite is on because I’ve used it for other projects. Someone help me please.

Thanks.

What do you need to fix? You got error message somewhere? If so,then please post it. Then we can help you…

Could you show us part of .htaccess that handles redirection on index and your urlManagement configs ?

.htaccess

RewriteEngine on

# if a directory or a file exists, use it directly

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# otherwise forward it to index.php

RewriteRule . index.php

urlManager in main config

'urlManager' => array(

'urlFormat' => 'path',

'rules' => array(

'<controller:\w+>/<id:\d+>' => '<controller>/view',

'<controller:\w+>/<action:\w+>/<id:\d+>' => '<controller>/<action>',

'<controller:\w+>/<action:\w+>' => '<controller>/<action>',

),

'showScriptName' => false,

)

I only added the “‘showScriptName’ => false”.

If I navigate to localhost/movie/ it works fine, but when I go to localhost/movie/movie/admin in Firefox I get this error "

Not Found

The requested URL /My Studio/Projects/Web/Movie List/www/index.php was not found on this server.

"

In Chrome it simply says "Oops! This link appears to be broken.". So I have to use localhost/movie/index.php/movie/admin for it to work.

I have a feeling that it’s because my wamp folder and project folder are in different drives.

Thanks!

As i see it, none of your rules is matching movie/movie/admin. Your rules only match (in order) movie/123, movie/bla/123 and movie/bla.

localhost/movie = "domain name"

movie/admin = "controller/action"

Is there a way to specify the drive for an alias or .htaccess in wamp/apache?

I don’t think, that it has to do with your drives. First check, who’s generating the error message: Yii or Apache.

• If it’s Apache -> your mod_rewrite rules do not work correctly

• If it’s Yii -> something’s still wrong with your rules setup

One more note: If it’s a problem with mod_rewrite, try to specify RewriteBase /movie:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritebase

It works perfectly! The problem was with the RewriteBase. Thank you so much.