Which localhost server does work better on Yii Framework?

Hi

I’ve worked with some of the localhost servers but not worked them all on Yii Framework.

It is a question for Yii beginners to select one and test projects on localhost. Which one is better in your opinion? suggest please and say your ideas

XAMP server

Zend Sever

Wamp Server

Apache

PHP Triad

Should be no difference. Yii doesn’t require anything special since it’s pure PHP code. You can stick with development server you prefer.

use apache as it’s most popular therefore most help available

apache is built into wamp and xampp though, they don’t have their own servers

As I saw in http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/100/yii-and-xampp-server-on-windows and as I saw in larry Ulman tutorial they just suggest XAMPP server. their tutorial in just based on XAMP Server. I’m trying XAMP and I think there is nothing special with XAMPP into the compare with WAMP Server. lol

You can intall apache, mysql and php separately and use them as well.

at last I think there is no difference between localhost servers to use but I strongly suggest XAMP Server.

It may be to late to answer this…but I’d suggest your localhost environment should mirror whatever you plan on hosting on. I always on host on ubuntu and use nginx as the web server. I do this because it’s generally cheaper to host on linux and I find it’s easier to get better performance out of nginx than Apache.

I used to develop on Windows with Apache. Something always went wrong when I put the site live, whether it was rewrite rules, case sensitivity etc. Now I do all my development using Ubuntu/nginx inside a virtual machine using VirtualBox.

The effort spent in learning how to setup and configure a linux environment if you’re used to Windows can be a bit daunting but is well worth the effort if you’re hosting your live site on linux.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

I second what Paulie says. I use to develop on Windows 7 years back, then something came along, I want to use another framework that don’t have much support in Windows, so I was forced to leave my comfort zone and start doing my work in Ubuntu, what I can say is, the effort paid off instantly.

At last I chose XAMPP Server and it is really great .