%YiiRoot/framework/yiic shell

So I:

[b]

xam$ cd /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo[/b]

xam$ YiiRoot1.1.2/framework/yiic shell

-bash: YiiRoot1.1.2/framework/yiic: No such file or directory

[b]xam$ cd …

xam$ YiiRoot1.1.2/framework/yiic shell[/b]

Error: index.php does not exist or is not an entry script file.

USAGE

yiic shell [entry-script | config-file]

xam$ YiiRoot1.1.2/framework/yiic shell demo/index.php

<!DOCTYPE

<body>

<h1>PHP Error</h1>

<h3>Description</h3>

<p class="message">

date(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone

Here’s the complete error from an earlier try:

http://www.1n1is11.com/blog/?p=14

So I’ve read through to page 22 a dozen times and searched the forum for anyone else posting about this with no result and I’m dead in the water.

Thanks for any help and happy holidays.

Just so I am clear, you were able to use the yiic console "webapp" command to create a new application (pages 19, 20, & 21), but you are unable to run the shell command from within that newly created application? Or are you unable to create the new application as well using the console command?

I did successfully run YiiRoot/framework/yiic webapp demo

And the command webapp still works creating fully functional Yii applications.

thanks

So you have:

your Webroot is /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB

your YiiRoot is /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot1.1.2

and you have a new web application, created using the yiic tool under

/Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo

But your framework is not under this directory, is is one above, correct?

So, if you cd into the application root:

xam$ cd /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo

you will need to execute (with the leading ../)

xam$ ../YiiRoot1.1.2/framework/yiic shell 

or otherwise just use the full path

xam$ /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot1.1.2/framework/yiic shell

but don’t

cd..

back up a directory prior to executing the command, because the shell command will still be looking for the application context, which is under your demo/ folder.

I tried really hard to follow your instructions but it spewed the same raw html instead of entering the yii shell.

It’s all summarized below but difficult to read. Let me try to outline here:

Unpack the tar file and name it YiiRoot2

[b]xam$ tar xvf yii-1.1.5.r2654.tar

xam$ mv yii-1.1.5.r2654 YiiRoot2[/b]

Run ‘webapp’ creating demo2

xam$ YiiRoot2/framework/yiic webapp demo2

change to demo2 directory

xam$ cd demo2

Attempt to login to yii shell

xam$ ../YiiRoot2/framework/yiic shell

pukes what I think must be some generated HTML for error reporting as if it thinks I’m in a browser? Same as before.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC

#0 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2/protected/views/layouts/main.php(47): date()

Summary:

xam$ tar xvf yii-1.1.5.r2654.tar

xam$ l

total 46616

drwxr-xr-x 9 xam staff 306 Nov 14 12:57 YiiRoot/

drwxr-xr-x 9 xam staff 306 Dec 28 07:01 demo/

drwxr-xr-x 12 xam staff 408 Dec 24 09:52 testdrive/

drwxr-xr-x 9 xam staff 306 Nov 14 12:57 yii-1.1.5.r2654/

-rw-r–r-- 1 xam staff 12191744 Dec 28 07:08 yii-1.1.5.r2654.tar

[b]xam$ mv yii-1.1.5.r2654 YiiRoot2

xam$ l[/b]

total 46616

drwxr-xr-x 9 xam staff 306 Nov 14 12:57 YiiRoot/

drwxr-xr-x 9 xam staff 306 Nov 14 12:57 YiiRoot2/

drwxr-xr-x 9 xam staff 306 Dec 28 07:01 demo/

drwxr-xr-x 12 xam staff 408 Dec 24 09:52 testdrive/

-rw-r–r-- 1 xam staff 12191744 Dec 28 07:08 yii-1.1.5.r2654.tar

xam$ YiiRoot2/framework/yiic webapp demo2

Create a Web application under ‘/Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2’? [Yes|No] yes

Your application has been created successfully under /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2.

b]xam$ cd demo2

[xam$ ../YiiRoot2/framework/yiic shell

[/b]<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC

#0 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2/protected/views/layouts/main.php(47): date()

#1 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CBaseController.php(119): require()

#2 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CBaseController.php(88): SiteController-&gt;renderInternal()

#3 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/widgets/CContentDecorator.php(78): SiteController-&gt;renderFile()

#4 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/widgets/CContentDecorator.php(56): CContentDecorator-&gt;decorate()

#5 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/widgets/COutputProcessor.php(45): CContentDecorator-&gt;processOutput()

#6 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CBaseController.php(199): CContentDecorator-&gt;run()

#7 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CBaseController.php(294): SiteController-&gt;endWidget()

#8 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2/protected/views/layouts/column1.php(7): SiteController-&gt;endContent()

#9 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CBaseController.php(119): require()

#10 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CBaseController.php(88): SiteController-&gt;renderInternal()

#11 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CController.php(748): SiteController-&gt;renderFile()

#12 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2/protected/controllers/SiteController.php(32): SiteController-&gt;render()

#13 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(57): SiteController-&gt;actionIndex()

#14 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CController.php(300): CInlineAction-&gt;run()

#15 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CController.php(278): SiteController-&gt;runAction()

#16 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CController.php(257): SiteController-&gt;runActionWithFilters()

#17 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(324): SiteController-&gt;run()

#18 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(121): CWebApplication-&gt;runController()

#19 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/base/CApplication.php(135): CWebApplication-&gt;processRequest()

#20 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo2/index.php(13): CWebApplication-&gt;run()

#21 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/cli/commands/ShellCommand.php(78): require()

#22 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(62): ShellCommand-&gt;run()

#23 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(88): CConsoleCommandRunner-&gt;run()

#24 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/base/CApplication.php(135): CConsoleApplication-&gt;processRequest()

#25 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/yiic.php(33): CConsoleApplication-&gt;run()

#26 /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/yiic(15): require_once()

</pre>

</div><!-- end of callstack -->

<div class="version">

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Los_Angeles’ for ‘PST/-8.0/no DST’ instead in /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/YiiRoot2/framework/views/exception.php on line 71

2010-12-28 07:11:40 <a href="http://www.yiiframework.com/">Yii Framework</a>/1.1.5</div>

</body>xam$

Maybe you can try something a little different, just to see if it works or not? Try the yiic console tool file located under the protected directory.

Go ahead and cd into the protected directory of where your demo application is located

$> cd /Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo/protected/

and try to run

$> ./yiic shell config/main.php

or explicitly use the php command

$> php ./yiic shell config/main.php

Maybe this will give you different results that may (or may not) be helpful.

Also, if this really is the result of your configuration not liking the use of

date('Y')

without an explicit reference to timezone in the standard footer of the main layout file, you may also want to either

1. set a timezone in your php.ini file

2. Adjust the code that uses the date function in the protected/views/layouts/main.php file (around line 50 or so)

3. consider relaxing the strictness of the error reporting as you work through these examples.

When I saw the line in your reply, "$> php ./yiic shell config/main.php" it dawned on me, "Which php." Indeed:

xam$ which php

/usr/bin/php

The php that comes with the OS. I’m using MAMP.

So adding "/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.2/bin" IN FRONT of $PATH fixed yiic:

xam$ pwd

/Users/xam/2-SERVIECS/WEB/demo

xam$ ../YiiRoot/framework/yiic shell

Yii Interactive Tool v1.1 (based on Yii v1.1.5)

Please type ‘help’ for help. Type ‘exit’ to quit.

>>

BUT why doesn’t /usr/bin/php work?

xam$ /usr/bin/php -v

PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Aug 22 2010 19:41:55)

Copyright © 1997-2010 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

OS X 10.6.5

The MAMP version is 5.2.13.

AND why didn’t anyone else have this problem?

THANKS for all the help

Of course I still haven’t tried the Yii shell commands.

A year and a half late but thought I would add that this post applied to me and resolved my issue just now also. Identical MAC, MAMP, and adding in the above directory to the PATH now appears to have yiic shell operating