Yii Framework Forum: Advantages and Disadvantages of Framework Programming - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advantages and Disadvantages of Framework Programming Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Trejder 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Here is my article written like a two weeks ago on advantages and disadvantages of framework programming.

Attached File  Advantages and Disadvantages of Framework Programming.pdf (411.2K)
Number of downloads: 678

It covers whole area of theoretical blah blah blah along with some references to Yii and other frameworks.

Before reading, please consider these:

• I'm not a native English, there may be and probably are many spelling mistakes. Please, forgive me.
  • I have access only to a raw version, before formatting and language correction.
  • I wasn't able to include a few Qiang's corrections and advices.
  • This article shows my personal point of view and therefore many may not agree with arguments risen in it.

And beside of this, have a great lecture, if you only suffer to the very end, as article has 15 pages (A4 format)! :)
Proud Cookbook author, though still learning powerful Yii! :] See my generic profile for more information. Cheers!

#2 User is offline   Maurizio Domba Cerin 

• Yii - Yesss It Is !!!
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Nice... Interesting read...

If you want... you can post here... the corrections and suggestions...
Find more about me.... btw. Do you know your WAN IP?

#3 User is offline   jacmoe 

• Elite Member
  • Yii
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Nice read, Trejder! :)
"Less noise - more signal"

#4 User is offline   Trejder 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

Thanks everyone for a warm welcome of this text. Since I had only around 20 hours for both preparation and writing, I was worried that produce hard to digest piece of text! :]

View Postmdomba, on 17 December 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

If you want... you can post here... the corrections and suggestions...

As for now I can only paste copy of Qiang's e-mail sent to me after reading:

That's a good read. Thank you for giving good words to Yii.

Below are my feedback on the part about "Case study: Yii".

- Reference 13 (phpframeworks.com) is not a reliable source as it doesn't include some better PHP frameworks. I suggest you to replace it with http://en.wikipedia....tion_frameworks

- Yii doesn't claim to be the fastest among ALL php frameworks. Instead, it is the fastest among the most popular ones.

- The difference between PHP 5.3 and its predecessors is only part of the reasons for rewriting Yii in 2.0. The more important reason for the rewriting is because we want to bring Yii to a new level without the burden in old versions. IMHO, you probably don't even need to mention about this rewriting.

Proud Cookbook author, though still learning powerful Yii! :] See my generic profile for more information. Cheers!

#5 User is offline   jacmoe 

• Elite Member
  • Yii
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

That's really impressive! 20 hours?
Are you bullshitting me? :D
You have talent.
(And lots of hi-octane coffee?)
"Less noise - more signal"

#6 User is offline   Trejder 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

View Postjacmoe, on 17 December 2010 - 05:39 PM, said:

That's really impressive! 20 hours?Are you bullshitting me? You have talent. (And lots of hi-octane coffee?)

Actually, it was even less! :] I started that day about 9:00 am with travelling to different city to my boss, to get guides about what this article should look like. Then I have to come back. Including traffic jams etc. I started working around 1:00 pm and ended it around 1:00 am next day. Therefore actual writing was around 12 hours! :} I had no time or even chance prepare myself, because I got information that this article must be written a day before, in the evening with no ready specification for it's length, topic or other guidelines. An the funniest part was that not earlier than like hour or two I started writing, I got info that this article must be English. All the time before I was assuming that it should be written in my native Polish! :]

No, coffee wasn't required at all. If you have to do in the same time three things - research, write and send parts to my wife, for checking English, you don't need it. It's like your whole blood system would be filled with caffeine! :]

#7 User is offline   Trejder 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

All right, I put that file (PDF version) to Rapidshare. You can get it, by pasting this link into your webbrowser:

http://rapidshare.com/files/442126915/Advantages_and_Disadvantages_of_Framework_Programming.pdf

or by directly clicking this link. This file is stored on a premium account - it should never be deleted.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users