Yii Framework Forum: www.2dehandsboeken.be - Yii Framework Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

www.2dehandsboeken.be Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stijn 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 04-February 09
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hi all,

I recently lanched the site www.2dehandsboeken.be

It's a site where you can place your old - or second hands books on.

Easy to use because:

- You can enter the ISBN number of the book and the app will search for all information.(Google Book API)
- You can be friends with other persons.
- Integration with facebook connect
- Creations of alerts - you can set a searchstring - when a book with that string is published, you will get an email.
- Mark books as favorits
- ...


Feedback is welcome :-)
0

#2 User is offline   ScallioXTX 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 14-September 09
  • Location:The Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

The menu on the left-hand side is a bit plain. I'd throw a very simple gradient on there (not too much though, that would ruin the effect of the website!)

The color of the different "Zoeken" texts on the home page color greenish when I hover them. Looks like an opacity problem.

I would consider re-styling the "Geavanceerd zoeken" page. Currently some of the lines contain the label and the input on the same line, while for some others the input field drops to the next line. Looks a bit messy. For example you could make the search the width of the whole screen and than put the "Meest gezochte zoektermen" below it. That doesn't have to be as prominent as it currently is anyway (IMO).

Also, I like € 5,- better than just € 5 , but that may be a personal preference.

Other than that, nice site, nice idea :)
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
-- A. Einstein

Follow me on twitter, @scallioxtx
0

#3 User is offline   Antonio Ramirez 

  • Elite Member
  • Yii
  • Group: Yii Dev Team
  • Posts: 1,450
  • Joined: 04-October 10

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Very good idea... congrats
¿How long would it take for you to understand that you own nothing in this world?

www.ramirezcobos.com
www.2amigos.us
www.github.com/tonydspaniard
www.github.com/2amigos


Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Stijn 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 04-February 09
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

Hi ScanllioXTX,

Thx for your feedback.

What browser / os do you use?

View PostScallioXTX, on 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:

The menu on the left-hand side is a bit plain. I'd throw a very simple gradient on there (not too much though, that would ruin the effect of the website!)

The color of the different "Zoeken" texts on the home page color greenish when I hover them. Looks like an opacity problem.


Can you show me the screenshot?

View PostScallioXTX, on 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:


I would consider re-styling the "Geavanceerd zoeken" page. Currently some of the lines contain the label and the input on the same line, while for some others the input field drops to the next line. Looks a bit messy. For example you could make the search the width of the whole screen and than put the "Meest gezochte zoektermen" below it. That doesn't have to be as prominent as it currently is anyway (IMO).


True, will change the layout

View PostScallioXTX, on 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:


Also, I like € 5,- better than just € 5 , but that may be a personal preference.

Ok :-)

View PostScallioXTX, on 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:


Other than that, nice site, nice idea :)


Great, thx!
0

#5 User is offline   ScallioXTX 

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 14-September 09
  • Location:The Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm on FF 3.6.12 on Win7 Ultimate x64

Here's the screenshot:
Attached File  2dehandsboeken.be.jpg (42.54K)
Number of downloads: 16
Note the "Zoeken in strips" is greenish

Hope that helps :)
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
-- A. Einstein

Follow me on twitter, @scallioxtx
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users