2. On the generation of CRUD, include two more fields. To enter a screen name in my language and the other for the plural name. You know in any language other than English you can not retrieve the correct name of the nomenclature of the database.
3. For the same reasons, can not catch the names of the attributes directly from the data model. Then the method attributeLabes should not stay on the base file, since it must necessarily be changed. If he remains at the base, can not be the goal of these files remain intact.
4. Many databases have fields in each table to log user actions. I then created a method (getEditableColumns) to always ignore them in loops over the columns of the table, not to create the inputs and validations on the form, for example.
5. At least for me it was very important to change the method model->search() to do a merge with other default options passed as parameter.
Changed your entries above for a numbered list.
1. The way it is currently is simpler. I don't believe that adding a 'related items' heading is user-friendly (to the visitor of the generated page).
2. and 3. Action and attribute label naming are already on the roadmap! You can open an issue at Google Code and attach your code if you want. Thank you!
4. Selection of fields is also in the roadmap. Again, you can open an issue and send your code.
5. I didn't understand that. Could you please elaborate and, maybe, show some code?
All generated code must stay on the base model.
When you need, you can just override the method.
Thank you for your suggestions!
I'm glad you like giix.