Here comes giix.
giix on Google Code
giix is gii Extended, a code generator for Yii PHP framework.
giix is inspired and based on gii-template-collection (gtc), by Herbert Maschke (thyseus).
giix is inspired and uses code from Yii PHP framework and gii-template-collection. Many thanks to Qiang Xue, Herbert Maschke and the contributors of these software.
giix extends Yii's gii by providing:
- Proper handling of related model attributes, rendering appropriate form fields based on relation type.
- More support for HAS_MANY and MANY_MANY relations.
- Native support for saving MANY_MANY relations with the new method GxActiveRecord::saveWithRelated.
- Native support for saving multiple (related or not) records with the new method GxActiveRecord::saveMultiple.
- Automatic string representation for a model via GxActiveRecord::representingColumn() and GxActiveRecord::__toString().
- Better i18n support and easier to maintain: support to active record labels. You change the label once in the model and it is automatically updated in the views. This is especially useful for plurals.
- Out-of-the box i18n support by using Yii::t().
- Appropriate form fields are rendered based on model attribute/table field data type.
- Separated model and basemodel. Basemodel can be regenerated without overwriting your code in the model.
- Smart methods can query your database for just the needed data (usually the primary key and the field with the string representantion), avoiding manual setup or a "select *".
- Extensive use of default method parameters. Appropriate data is found automatically.
- Some (incipient) support for tables with composite primary keys.
- Generated code is completely free from styling and formatting. Your CSS controls the presentation.
- Generated code is (almost) free of comments.
- Well documented and commented source code. Ohloh says that 40% of the lines in the code are comments! You can understand and modify anything you want.
And a lot more! Read the CHANGELOG file and the (richly commented) source code to fully leverage giix's power.
Some of these features come from gtc.
Installation and upgrading
Please see INSTALL and UPGRADE files for instructions.
Please check the README file for more information.
Already using giix?
Show how you love giix on this forum and on its extension page
Show everybody that you are using giix in Powered by giix
Donate (see below)
If you have any trouble, please open a ticket in Google Code
Do you like giix? Then please let people know at www.yiiframework.com/extension/giix/
This extension is also a way to say thank you to the people who work on the free software I use everyday.
giix is a personal project turned into an extension. It is not fully tested now, so please test your application and be careful using it in production code.
If you are using it, please let me know about your opinion. And don't forget to vote! :)
Icons by famfamfam.com