Build installation problem

Though this is not appropriate place to ask PEAR related issues, I was faced to the problem during ‘build’ command of Yii.

According to the README, I issued following command, and I saw following error message.

$ ./build  message ../framework/messages/config.php

PHP Warning:  require_once(PHPUnit/Runner/Version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/yii/build/build on line 16

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'PHPUnit/Runner/Version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/yii/build/build on line 16

It seemed to me that PEAR/PHPUnit is not installed, but it might be installed correctly.

$ pear install PHPUnit

pear/PHPUnit is already installed and is the same as the released version 1.3.2

install failed

Does anybody out there know how to do ‘build’?

Thanks in advance.

I think we can safely comment out line 16-18 from the build script until this is fixed. Those lines would not be needed for our yiidoc message harvesting task. Those lines were added in r2531, most probably aimed for some other part of the build process.

/Tommy

Edit:

It turns out PHPUnit wasn’t installed in the Linux instance having the r2531+ revision of the framework. Adding those three lines to a second Linux instance works flawlessly (PHPUnit 3.4 installed).