Raido Button with If statement

HI,

I’ve a Radio button field with the value BUY and SELL. Currently, it will trigger the Ajax when user make the selection. I want to change it to only trigger the Ajax while user select “SELL”. How to put the if statement?

Here is the code I’m using now:

<?php

$buysell = array('BUY'=>'BUY', 'SELL'=>'SELL');

echo $form->radioButtonList($model,'buy_sell', $buysell, array(

'separator'=>'', 

'labelOptions'=>array('style'=>'float:left;'), 

'style'=>'float:left;'

'ajax' => array(

'data'=>'js:{sql:"SELECT share_qty FROM tbl_transaction WHERE stock_id =\""+ $(this).val() + "\""}',

'type'=>'GET', 

'url'=>CController::createUrl('transaction/xsql'),

'success'=>'js:function(data) {

var dataArray = data.split(\',\');

$("#'.CHtml::activeId($model,'share_qty').'").val(dataArray[0]);

}'

)

));

?>	

Thanks!

buddy, you are using a $model with a radioButtonList? I think it should be activeRadioButtonList isn’t it?

Possibly add a handler for the beforeSend event

/Tommy

Apart from that the answer is simple:

CHtml::radioButtonList('buy_sell',0,array('buy'=>'buy','sell'=>'sell'),array('onclick'=>'if(this.value=="sell") alert(this.value);'));

instead of an alert put your ajax call.

Yii has great flexibility, and for that sometimes we try to Yiimaking everything forgetting what we know. I find easier to actually program the javascript within the onclick feature than by using or even remembering so many properties and options.

By the way, I think is a baaaad idea to put your sql code in the client javascript. Just the id in the data as a parameter and handle the rest on the server.

You’re absolutely right about the click handler approach. I got busy removing tabs instead of thinking about why I thought the ajax call would be mandatory. ;)

glad to help