Yii Framework Forum: Why my friends' phpmyadmin can't create Uppercase table name?? - Yii Framework Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why my friends' phpmyadmin can't create Uppercase table name?? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   junxiong 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

Just curious...
so my friend is using WAMP version 2i, and his phpmyadmin unable to create a uppercase table name...
everytime he create, for example, 'Inventory' the phpmyadmin will generate 'inventory'...
why is it??
“The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts argue, is by accident. That’s where we come in; we’re computer professionals. We cause accidents.” - Nathaniel Borenstein

Yii Playground : Collaborative demo apps. You can join to improve it too!
My Team's Blog: In Indonesian.

#2 User is offline   outrage 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

MySQL defaults to lowercase table names in Windows which can be a problem when importing your db on a Linux server.
This can be changed by editing your 'my.ini' file found in 'path-to-mysql\bin\my.ini' and adding the following line:

lower_case_table_names=0

There are caveats to this approach though so you're much better sticking to lowercase table names if possible.

Hope this helps.

#3 User is offline   junxiong 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

View Postoutrage, on 19 July 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

MySQL defaults to lowercase table names in Windows which can be a problem when importing your db on a Linux server.
This can be changed by editing your 'my.ini' file found in 'path-to-mysql\bin\my.ini' and adding the following line:

lower_case_table_names=0

There are caveats to this approach though so you're much better sticking to lowercase table names if possible.

Hope this helps.

Ow... I see. Thank you :)
“The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts argue, is by accident. That’s where we come in; we’re computer professionals. We cause accidents.” - Nathaniel Borenstein

Yii Playground : Collaborative demo apps. You can join to improve it too!
My Team's Blog: In Indonesian.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users