Symfony 2 faster then Yii!!!
Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:12 AM
There are a lot of framework. I am not afraid to be polyglot! We can use both!!!
Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:43 PM
And for those talking about big , complex enterprise solutions i think yii is good enough, and if yii is not good enough then PHP is not and I would choose Java.
Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:58 AM
on Symfony-reloaded .org /fast i found a statistic about the new Symfony 2.
It should be 75% faster than YII 1.1.1 !!!
For the "Product" application, Symfony2 is about:
* 50% faster than Yii 1.1.1
* 2 times faster than Solar 1.0.0beta3
* 2.5 times faster than symfony 1.4.2
* 3 times faster than Zend 1.10
* 4 times faster than Lithium 0.6
* 6 times faster than CakePHP 1.2.6
* 60 times faster than Flow3 1.0.0alpha7
what do you think about it?
Fabien Potencier's Symfony 2 speed claims have proven to be completely unfounded: according to Paul M. Jones (who specializes on framework benchmarks, he is obssessed with them) in his PHPBenelux 2011 presentation (http://paul-m-jones.com/archives/1727), while Symfony 2 Alpha version was *almost* as fast as Yii (it seems Potencier tweaked the Alpha version just to make the speed claim) the released (PR4) Symfony 2 is just as slow as S1 and therefore much slower than Yii.
See the attached chart below, only CI and Kohana can claim to be faster than Yii (which is certainly much faster than Symfony 2) and Cake is still dog slow.
Number of downloads: 40
Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:17 PM
Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:21 PM
- It works on all versions of PHP (yes, even those not released yet)
- Its FAST. Really fast. The fastest against anything I’ve ever benchmarked it against and is WAY faster then CodeIgniter.
- Tiny footprint. The whole framework is only a few KB big.
- Compatible with every database that PHP supports.
- Pretty good documentation (not fully developed yet).
- Very small learning curve. If you know PHP, you’ll pick it up right away.
Btw, for client-side scripting you can use VanillaJS framework.