The following demos are developed using Yii. They are also available under the demos directory in the Yii releases.
- Hello World: the famous demo, showing the simplest Yii application that you can develop.
- Hangman Game: the game of guessing a word. This is adapted from the corresponding Prado demo. It shows the support of persisting form state.
- Phonebook: a Flex application backed by Yii Web service. This is also adapted from the corresponding Prado demo.
- Yii Blog: a complete blog application.
Yii appliance is a pre-built virtual server image that contains Yii 1.1.4 and the necessary server setup
to run Yii demos. You may use VMWare Server or Player to open and run this appliance.
The appliance also contains networking tools such as ssh, dhcp, scp, etc.
It has two disk images: the server disk is mounted as read-only while the data disk can grow to 4GB.
How to use this appliance
- Download and install the free VMware Server.
- Download Yii 1.1.4 Virtual Appliance (12.0 MB).
- Unzip the Yii aplication.
- Load the Yii aplication in VMware.
- You should see the following screenshot when the appliance completes booting. Type in admin/admin to login.
NOTE: The purpose of this appliance is for demonstration purposes only. It should NOT be deployed as a production system.
The following components are installed on this appliance:
- PHP 5.2.3 (in fast-cgi mode)
- Lighttpd 1.4.7 (mod_rewrite and fast-cgi enable)
- Yii 1.1.4 (including demos)
- PostgreSQL 8.2.4
- phpPgAdmin 4.1.3
- Linux kernel 184.108.40.206
To shutdown, simply turn off the virtual server.